Sunday, November 14, 2010

I really do Wanna be Martha!

I've decided to get back into the organizational groove. With the holidays coming up, it's time to purge, reorganize, and prepare for a stress-free holiday season!

I think I am going to take a "zone" at a time and take a week to do each one. I know I won't get much done before Thanksgiving, but if I get ahead of myself (a girl can dream), then I will push on.

My first zone will be kitchen/dining room/hutch area.

I will empty cupboards, discard/donate unused items and get everything in working order...so that I can mess it up when I start baking. hahah.

A big part of the kitchen organization, apart from the cupboards, will be organizing my cookbook/recipes cupboard. Yes. CUPBOARD. I need to streamline it and make it easier. I'm tired of having to sort through piles and piles of papers when I want to make something. Do you know how difficult that is when you want to make SOMETHING but have no idea what you want to make?! I think I will get a binder and take some page protectors, and sort out the recipes by type. Hopefully that will make meal planning more fun...and easier.

Will post updates later! I know you will all be on pins and needles... ;P
Photobucket

4 comments:

emily said...

Good plan! I recently did that in my tiny apartment kitchen. It helped so much:) Amazing how much I could get rid of that we just don't use!

Tracy said...

I love organizing, well I guess I should say reorganizing lol.
I have a mini photo album type thing that I put my most used recipes in. They stay put and you can just wipe off the plastic insert they are in if they get wet. I hate to cook, but for some reason I love to collect recipes LOL.
Good luck with your organizing, I just did my scrap/craft room I am putting up a video of it tomorrow.

Mary Pat Siehl said...

looks like you have a great plan. I love to organize my house. i do it about 3x a year.

thanks for stopping by my blog (siehledwithakiss.blogspot.com)yesterday. i appreciate your kind comments. I love the name of your blog-signing up to follow would love for you to sign up and follow me! thanks

Steph said...

Sounds like a good plan! My recipes are a bit out of control too. Although, now most of them are online which should make it easier but doesn't. Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...