Thursday, October 11, 2007

Coupons, coupons everywhere!!!

It's been awhile since I've made a trip out to Rite Aid and Smith's to do my couponing. So, since I wasn't going to the stores...I wasn't clipping out my coupons.

Today, I spent about five hours clipping my coupons and sorting them. Yes, you read that right...five hours of my life I'll never get back.

But, now they are all sorted and looking all purty in their new little binder that I crafted (read: put baseball card protectors and cardstock dividers in a binder), and I'm all ready to go!! C and I are going when I get out of the store. Why, you might ask, is C going? Well, because I can't go anywhere without C wanting to go...and she needs pants. No, you cannot buy pants at Smith's or Rite Aid. We are hitting Walmart too. Good times.

I'm hoping that I can come out of these stores with a ton of stuff without spending a ton of money. It is possible...I've done it before. Couponing, I have discovered, is not for the impatient or those short on time. When there is something good in the paper that is advertised, chances are there are other sales NOT advertised that are just as good. This is the reason that I now carry my coupons with me ANY time I set foot in the grocery store!!! Nothing like getting toothpaste for 25cents a tube!!! woohoo!! Since you need PLENTY of time to coupon, I like to go by myself. It can sometimes take me about two hours or more to go through each of the two stores. But it is oh-so-nice to be able to browse leisurely, unless I have C with me, lol, and snatch up all the deals I can get!!

I'll report my savings tomorrow!!! (How's that for a cliff hanger?!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...